While I have surfed the web, trolled the forums, and read the blogs, I have compiled this list of SEO Tip Articles that have guided me in the right direction.
1. The SEOMoz article Beginner’s Guide – What is SEO outlines the following topics: why a company would need SEO, how search engines operate, some basic design and organization mistakes to avoid, a discussion on relevance and popularity, some top content tips, the anatomy of a hyperlink, paid placement, Overture, keyword terms and targeting, usability, design, content authoring, community building, metrics to watch, pro vs. do-it-yourself SEO, and an enormous list of resources.
2. Big Oak Inc’s series called 52 SEO Tips releases a tip a week for all of 2007. Topics range from tech tips, tools, reviews, content guidance, SEO community terminology, techniques to avoid, and new perspectives.
3. SearchEngineLand wrote 21 Essential SEO Tips & Techniques on June 28. The article is targeted at small companies, and covers lots of simple yet effective do-it-yourself SEO tips that will help shoot your pages through the SERPs. Some tips include how to leverage site map pages, building SEO-friendly URLs, opening a pay-per-click account, and copywriting tips.
5. ifergan’s 7 Advanced SEO Tactics include syndication, translation, ROR Sitemaps, keyword phrases, GoogSpy, internal content links, and how to leverage your server log files.
6. Entrepreneur’s Journey – The Top 16 Yahoo SEO Tips From A Yahoo Insider, written specifically to target the Yahoo search engine. This article covers whois and domain registration, dashes in your domain, inbound links, content update frequency, Yahoo Site Explorer, press releases, run of site links, SEO blog resources, tool usage, and long term planning.
7. Hobo – SEO / Internet Marketing Tips Round-Up has 10 additional tips articles and great articles on the Hobo web site to read and hold on to. These articles cover things not to do, valid HTML concerns, Google’s Supplemental Index, ethical marketing, and multiple browser testing.